Our Level 2 Instructor course challenges instructors to diversify their tool box of skills and to teach complex theoretical knowledge such as compass based navigation, situational awareness, risk management, weather forecasting and leadership. We also look at teaching rolling, beginner and intermediate strokes and rescues in class 2 waters. There is a strong emphasis on improvisational teaching and the principles of experiential education. All of these skills and knowledge will be applied in intermediate paddling conditions including moderate winds and waves, light surf, and moderate currents. At the end of the course, you’ll have an amazing toolbox to enable you to teach students on a Paddle Canada Level 2 Skills course.
Prior to the course some asynchronous and part time online distance learning will be required.
- Paddle Canada Level-3 Skills.
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level-1 Instructor certification.
- Paddling experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations.
- Previous experiential and outdoor teaching experience is a definite asset.
- Significant teaching experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations as a level-1 instructor. The prospective candidate must have taught a minimum of two (2) level-1 skills courses within the past two (2) years, being the lead instructor on at least one (1) of those courses.
ISKGA Training Modules Included
Date: June 1-5, 2023
If you are not already a current instructor, there is an additional fee of $95 (plus tax) for your Paddle Canada Instructor membership.Book Now!
We love custom courses!
Other dates are available for custom or private programs. Contact us for more info.
Thank you again for a great course that has really inspired me on the potential of sea kayak guiding. The energy you both put into the course and high quality of instruction both on and off the water was very motivational.
Key Course Documents
Booking and Payment Notes
If you would prefer to pay a deposit in order to secure your spot, a deposit of $300 is required in order to register. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.