Surge, Okisollo, Steamboat, Hole in the Wall, and the list goes on. The east side of Quadra Island is legendary in boating circles for its powerful currents. Join us for 3 days of fun and challenging currents in this paddling mecca. The icing on the cake is our base – Discovery Island Lodge, located just 15 minutes from Surge Narrows and featuring an on dock sauna, comfortable beds, and a spectacular kitchen overlooking the water.
Another option is to join us for an unforgettable trip to Skookumchuck ! Skookumchuck is the Chinook name for strong or powerful water and is a world class surfing destination. On large tides, current speeds can exceed 16 knots resulting in massive waves, whirlpools, and boils. We run an avanced Skook course for advanced paddlers and an Intro to Skook course for intermediate paddlers.
Greenland paddles are welcome for all our courses. We encourage students to use the paddle they are most familiar with and wish to use in the future.
- Advanced paddlers only for our advanced Skook and Quadra Island courses
- Intermediate paddlers for Intro to Skook
- Previous paddling experience in currents including comfort in crossing eddy lines, bracing in waves, boils, and whirlpools.
- The ability to roll is a must.
- Additional prerequisites vary between programs. Please refer to the individual Course Information Packages or contact us by emails to discuss which program best suits your needs and experience.
- Accommodation at the Discovery Island Lodge on Quadra Island and camping fees in Egmont are included.
- Bring your own food
|For private groups only, 2018 (3 days)||Quadra Island and Discovery Island lodge||CDN $650
Full for 2018, contact us to be on the waiting list.
|Skookumchuck Rapids in Egmont on the BC Sunshine Coast||CDN $635