Our Level 2 Instructor course challenges instructors to diversify their tool box of skills and to teach complex theoretical knowledge such and compass based navigation, leadership and teaching rolling.
There is a strong emphasis on principles of experiential education. Skills and knowledge will be applied in intermediate paddling conditions including moderate winds and waves, light surf, and moderate currents.
- Paddle Canada Level 3 Skills
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level-1 Instructor certification.
- Paddling experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations
- Wilderness First Aid (16 hours minimum)
- Previous experiential and outdoor teaching experience is a definite asset
- Significant teaching experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations as a level-1 instructor. The prospective candidate must have taught a minimum of two (2) level-1 skills courses within the past two (2) years, being the lead instructor on at least two of those courses.
A deposit of $300 is required at the time of registration in order to secure your spot. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
Paddle Canada Membership Upgrade – CDN$10
May 13-17, 2019
|Victoria, BC||CDN $750|
Other dates available for custom and private programs.