Explore the world famous Clayoquot Sound on the west coast of Vancouver island with a week long journey from the surf town of Tofino to a natural hot springs. Weather dependant, we explore the swell-pounded west coasts of stunning offshore islands, camping on some of the area’s famous sandy beaches. Our neighbours in this largely road-less wilderness are black bears, wolves, bald eagles, whales, seals, sea lions and otters. We’ll spend at least 1 night camping at ’Hot Springs Cove’ where we can relax in some natural hot springs after a day of paddling through breath taking scenery. On the return journey, we explore old growth rainforests, waterfalls and more sheltered inlets.
Hot Springs Cove itself is a magical place with amazing natural hot springs and trails through old growth rain forest. Kayaking is the best way, and one of the only ways, to visit the area. We will also spoil you with gourmet food!
Our Tofino-Hot Springs Cove Expedition is designed for intermediate to advanced paddlers looking to refine their touring skills while undertaking an exciting sea kayaking journey. Rentals are available at https://skils.ca/rentals/.
Minimum Skill Level
Key Trip Downloads
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Considerable personal paddling experience including overnights.
- Participants must be able to maintain a speed of 3 knots.
- Participants must feel comfortable in gentle swell of 1 to 2 meters high and in winds of up to 15 knots.
- Please note that this program is not for beginners. If you are unsure of your ability to take this program, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
- Participants should be a team player within a group of expedition paddlers. Please provide a reference from a previous course provider or expedition partner.
June 18-24, 2023 (7 days)
Clayoquot Sound, Vancouver Island
We love custom trips!
Other dates are available for custom or private trips. Contact us for more info.
Great technical skills combined with superior interpersonal skills. Rare qualities to find in one person and we had two guides with those qualities.
Booking and Payment Notes
If you would prefer to pay a deposit in order to secure your spot, a deposit of $600 is required in order to register. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.