This type of expedition is aimed at guests seeking adventure, learning and challenges not normally offered on the average guided tour. Whether you have received training through Paddle Canada or another organization, or are a motivated paddler with practical experience, this course will allow you to apply and polish your existing skills while deepening your understanding of their tactical applications. Travelling through the remote West Coast of Vancouver Island from Zeballos to Tofino will push your skills while exploring the surf beaches and rocky points of this beautiful ocean playground.
With our committed instructors you will take full advantage of this wild place while also having the opportunity to hone your skills. We will delve into topics from expedition management to technical paddling skills that will help to make an already confident paddler a more competent mariner. Join us for an adventure that will be sure to build your surfing and dynamic paddling skills, and if nothing else, it will be one heck of a story! Rentals are available at https://skils.ca/rentals/.
Minimum Skill LevelYou like to eat? Check out our food photo gallery
- Interested candidates should have extensive (over 50 days) previous sea kayak experience and have experience in dynamic waters and surf.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Considerable personal paddling experience in light and moderate sea conditions or higher including overnights.
- Please note that this program is intense as well as mentally and physically demanding. If you are unsure of your ability to take this program, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
- Participants must be able to provide proper references for good personality/attitude on wilderness adventures
Zeballos to Tofino
We love custom trips!
Other dates are available for custom or private trips. Contact us for more info.
I could not rate the quality of instruction/leadership more highly.
Booking and Payment Notes
If you would prefer to pay a deposit in order to secure your spot, a deposit of $1000 is required in order to register. The balance of your payment is due at least 60 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by credit card, Interact E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
If you do not meet the prerequisites listed above, and are still interested in this challenging program, we may be able to provide you with some training beforehand. We will be camping for an extended period of time which means this course is intense as well as mentally and physically demanding.