This is an expedition style program that is designed for the intermediate to advanced paddler who wishes to explore very remote wild locations while receiving quality instruction and feedback along the way. This type of expedition is aimed at guests seeking adventure, learning and challenges not normally offered on the average guided tour.
Enjoy stunning views, amazing wildlife, long sandy beaches, old growth rain forest and vast wilderness. This unique one way adventure takes you on a committing journey through some of the most exposed and remote coastline in Canada, with 2 highly experienced and certified guides, and enough time to chose good weather windows and discover the most beautiful and interesting spots along the way.
Highlights of the 2 week expedition will include the extensive mazes of islands like the Bunsbys, rafts of sea otters near Spring island, rugged coastal hikes and a rich coastal ecology that includes bears, wolves, whales, sea otters and sea birds. Imagine waking up to see wolf footprints outside your tent, watching a black bear turn over rocks looking for food and a grey whale emerging from the depths with a loud whoosh close to your kayak
Kayaking around the imposing Brooks Peninsula is a dream for many paddlers. It’s high mountains were unaffected by the last ice age, preserving many rare plant communities and a vast and ancient rainforest that may be among the oldest in the world. It juts out 20 km into the wild Pacific Ocean, focusing wind and wave energy. We’ll chose a good weather day to paddle around this beautiful and challenging headland. This adventure is 14 days long. Rentals are available at https://skils.ca/rentals/.
Minimum Skill LevelYou like to eat? Check out our food photo gallery
- Interested candidates should have extensive (over 50 days) previous sea kayak experience and have experience in dynamic waters.
- Some expedition experience is required.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be able to paddle at a speed of 3 knots for up to 6 hours per day. If you can not maintain this speed for up to 6 hours this program is not for you.
- Considerable personal paddling experience in moderate sea conditions or higher including overnights.
- Please note that this program is very intense as well as mentally and physically demanding. If you are unsure of your ability to take this program, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
- Participants must be able to provide proper references for good personality/attitude on wilderness adventures
- Participants must follow Good Expedition Behavior Guidelines
June 23 to July 6, 2024
San Josef Bay to Zeballos, BC
We love custom trips!
Other dates are available for custom or private trips. Contact us for more info.
Great technical skills combined with superior interpersonal skills. Rare qualities to find in one person and we had two guides with those qualities.
Booking and Payment Notes
If you would prefer to pay a deposit in order to secure your spot, a deposit of $1500 is required in order to register. The balance of your payment is due at least 90 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by credit card, Interact E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
If you do not meet the prerequisites above, and are still interested in this challenging program, we may be able to provide you with some training beforehand. We will be camping for an extended period of time which means this course is very intense as well as mentally and physically demanding.