This is an expedition style course that is designed for the intermediate to advanced paddler who wishes to explore remote locations while receiving quality instruction and feedback along the way. This type of expedition is aimed at guests seeking adventure, learning and challenges not normally offered on the average guided tour. Whether you have received training through Paddle Canada or another organization, or are a motivated paddler with practical experience, this course will allow you to apply and polish your existing skills while deepening your understanding of their tactical applications. Traveling through the remote West Coast of Vancouver Island from Zeballos to Tofino will push your skills while exploring the surf beaches and rocky points of this beautiful ocean playground.
With our committed instructors you will take full advantage of this wild place while also having the opportunity to hone your skills. We will delve into topics from expedition management to technical paddling skills that will help to make an already confident paddler a more competent mariner. Join us for an adventure that will be sure to build your surfing and dynamic paddling skills, and if nothing else, it will be one heck of a story!
- Interested candidates should have extensive (over 50 days) previous sea kayak experience and have experience in dynamic waters and surf.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Considerable personal paddling experience in light and moderate sea conditions or higher including overnights.
- An ability to roll is preferred.
- Please note that this course is very intense as well as mentally and physically demanding. If you are unsure of your ability to take this course, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
A deposit of $1000 is required at the time of registration in order to secure your spot. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by credit card, Interact E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
|Trip Dates||Location||Price||Join Us!|
|Our next trip will be in 2019||Zeballos to Tofino||CDN $2800|
Other dates available for custom and private programs.