Our Level 2 Instructor course challenges instructors to diversify their tool box of skills and to teach complex theoretical knowledge such and compass based navigation, leadership, and camping skills. We also look at teaching rolling.
Level 2 Instructor is divided into two sections this year. The first section takes place in our virtual classroom GeoSKILS. Online, we’ll review lesson planning, skills progressions, detection and correction, and assessment. The first section is two weeks long and can be completed at home. The second section is 3 days long and place in the context of a multi-day camping trip. During this section, we’ll apply the theoretical skills from our online classroom to practical teaching scenario’s. There is a strong emphasis on improvisational teaching and the principles of experiential education. All of these skills knowledge will be applied in intermediate paddling conditions including moderate winds and waves, light surf, and moderate currents.We’ll round out our face to face time with a video assessment of each candidate’s paddling and rescue skills.
- Paddle Canada Level 3 Skills
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level-1 Instructor certification.
- Paddling experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations
- Wilderness First Aid (16 hours minimum)
- Previous experiential and outdoor teaching experience is a definite asset
- Significant teaching experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations as a level-1 instructor. The prospective candidate must have taught a minimum of two (2) level-1 skills courses within the past two (2) years, being the lead instructor on at least one (1) of those courses.
Course Information:Course Information Package
Policies and Procedures
A deposit of $300 is required at the time of registration in order to secure your spot. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
Paddle Canada Membership Upgrade – CDN$10
|March 31-April 2, 2017
(Online classroom starts on March 1, 2017)